Monday, July 22, 2013

Mavis Gourlay RIP


We sadly had to say goodbye to our best mate of all time, Mavis.  She was calmly put to rest on the 24th of June at home.
Mave was an incredible dog that was by my side for over 16 years day in day out, either at the studio, the workshop or out on a skate mission with all the boys.  A one of a kind true blue loyal friend.  I think Andy Murphy posted somewhere she was the most published dog in Australian skateboarding, I dont think she quite reached cover material but she had contents pages in the Skateboarders Journal, double page spreads and SPS's in Slam, photos in skate brand catalogues plus a few ads here and there. She was even sponno'd by Independent trucks for a few years.

 Im glad she's finally at peace and I'm looking forward to sipping some whiskey with wife and mates and blasting her ashes out of a potato canon off the pier soon, I love you Mave!

No comments:

Post a Comment